First SLOG for csc104

The reason that I chose CSC104 is because I want to explore my interests during my first year of University. I’ve heard from other people that this is a great course for people like me who don’t know anything about programming. Also I think it is important and would be beneficial in the future to know at least some basic knowledge and concepts about programming. I hope that by the end of this semester course I would develop some understanding about programing. I also took CSC108 for the spring semester so I hope that CSC104 would prepare me for future programming courses.

Before attending the first lecture I expected programming to be some how boring and extremely hard since it is famous for its crazy cut-off rate for second year. However, for my experiences so far CSC104 is actually one of the most interesting and engaging courses that I had. Since I had no knowledge in this area of study, this course is completely new to me and I hope that as time goes by I could still be able to catch up on everything.

So far I really enjoyed the whole concept of how to define functions and all the different functions that we can use to let the computer to perform the tasks we want it to do. I also found to use different colors while creating basic shapes is really fun and I really like the color aliceblue. I also like that just as what my prof. said about how you don’t need to worry about making any mistakes at the beginning since they can all be fixed by correcting the function.

Nothing had been really challenging so far for this course. Sometimes I found it annoying to predict steps for really long functions and I would need to read the functions for several times to in order to get the correct answer. For the most part this course is a lot easier than what I expected and I had enjoyed playing with DrRacket.

For the quizzes, I usually would look at the practice problems on the course website one to two days prior to the quiz date. I would read through them and practice a few times before doing the quiz.  I think for the first two quizzes the questions were not super challenging and I was able to finish them quite quickly after the practice questions.


Since computer science is a brand new topic for me, there are not yet any specific topics and areas that I'm interested in. Hopefully I would find something that I want to learn about in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Slog for CSC 104

Final SLOG for CSC 104